Money Mastery: The Importance of Finding Your Purpose
Making a dent in the universe or solving the world’s biggest problems requires a TON of hard work.
It also involves countless risks, setbacks, and restarts.
Many of my own victories have been “overnight successes, after 11 years of hard work.”
While some entrepreneurs appear to be lucky in how fast they achieve an exit, most success stories actually involve failure after failure, pivot after pivot, on the road to success.
So how do you fuel that persistence?
It involves getting clarity on your “Massively Transformative Purpose” (or MTP), and the emotional energy that powers it.
In today’s blog, I’m going to discuss why it’s so important for entrepreneurs to have a purpose and what you can do to introduce more purpose in your life.
I believe that a single person, driven by their Massively Transformative Purpose, can change the world. Developing purpose and your MTP is a key focus of my year-round coaching program Abundance360.
So, what’s your purpose?
Let’s dive in...
THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING AN MTP
A Massively Transformative Purpose is central to a Purpose-Driven Mindset.
Here are the attributes of an effective MTP:
- It’s uniquely yours…
- It feels true for you (you are proud of it)…
- It’s driven by emotional energy (Wonder, Awe, Excitement, Pain…), that fuels your drive to pursue big dreams…
- You are willing to commit your life to it.
As an individual, your MTP is what wakes you up in the morning and gets you excited.
For example, my personal MTP is:
“To inspire and guide entrepreneurs to create a hopeful, compelling and abundant future for humanity.”
Do you have an MTP? Are you currently living it?
The objective of having an MTP is perhaps best summed up by a quote from my friend Tom Bilyeu’s father: “Find something you would die for and live for it.”
AS AN ENTREPRENEUR, WHEN YOU HAVE PURPOSE…
(1) You seek to find, refine or update your MTP. You know that during these exponential times, your impact can be greater than at any time in history, and you adjust your MTP accordingly.
(2) You live a passion-driven life, and you use your MTP as the canvas upon which you plan and execute your future Moonshots. You know that purpose, powered by emotion, is the fuel required to implement your Moonshots.
(3) You actively seek out tools and communities like Abundance360 to amplify and support your MTP.
(4) You understand that an MTP is fueled by your emotional energy and is something that is unique to you.
(5) You fully embrace your MTP and are proud to share it with the world. As a leader, you use your MTP to attract top talent, partners, and investors.
(6) You increasingly focus your capabilities and resources on creating solutions that transform whole markets and industries.
So, are you living a life of purpose? What would change in your personal or work life if you had more purpose?
One of the first steps to developing more purpose in your life is to create your MTP.
Here are some questions to help you explore your purpose, to pulse your inner self and discover where there is a wellspring of emotional energy…
- If I gave you $1B to change the world, what would you do with it?
- What area has given you the greatest excitement and wonder?
- What is an injustice you’ve experienced that needs to be solved?
- What did you want to do as a kid before the world told you “No”?
If you like this epistle, we think that you may benefit from our acclaimed Mentoring & Coaching. Every year, we put a team of selected people together to become members of our extraordinary and exciting Mi2C Diamond and Mentoring Club. If you'd like to learn more about this acclaimed Club, please click here.